Sunday, March 28, 2010

Something Borrowed


Something Borrowed is the book that I am currently reading right now. It has been weeks since I started reading it, and I'm still not done with it. I bought this at a $1 bookstore at Lakewood Mall. It is a fun read and I would recommend it to others.

Here is the summary written at the back of the book:
Meet Rachel White, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl-until her thirtieth birthday, when her best friend Darcy throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcy's fiance. Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. In her wildest dreams (or worst nightmare?) this is the last thing on earth Rachel could ever have imagined happening. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk all to win true happiness. Something Borrowed is a phenomenal debut novel that will have you laughing, crying, and calling your best friend.

I'm enjoying reading this because of its story. I am rooting for the protagonist, even though stealing your best friend's fiance is wrong. There are intimate and funny scenes which I really like. I am currently on the 17th chapter out of 25. I am trying to finish it as fast as I could because I bought a new book the other day. haha. I will post the other book when I start to read it :]

1 comment: